1. IRC Knowledge Base
  2. FAQs
  3. Facility Rental User Insurance

I belong to an ‘Association’; do I already have liability insurance coverage?

You may or may not, ask the insurance broker or agent who provides coverage to your association. If you are covered, they should be able to complete the “Mandatory Required Certificate of Insurance Coverage Form” showing the facility owner and/or operator as an “Additional Insured”. The majority of large Provincial or National organizations have the proper coverage in place.  However, other policies often do not have proper coverage and the mandatory certificate will identify coverage your own insurance is missing, allowing you to get it corrected.